HMRC has issued a document for UK payroll software users containing details of some of the common queries their Contact Centre operators are currently dealing with and some pointers as to where customers may find the correct information.Queries include:
- I started reporting PAYE in real time during 2013/14 tax year. How do I complete ‘year end’?
- I submitted my Final RTI Submission early and can see an estimated charge on my online account. What do I need to do?
- I’ve made a mistake on a 2013-14 return – how do I correct it?
- What Tax Code do I use for employees to start the new Tax Year?
- I’ve been prompted for a Scheme Contracted Out Numbers (SCON) on my Full Payment Submission. What is a SCON? Or where do I find it?
- How do I claim CIS repayments at the end of the tax year?
- Can you tell me what expenses and benefits are subject to Tax and National Insurance? And is there any way to reduce the paperwork?
- I’m starting to prepare for the Expenses and Benefits end of year. What forms do I need to complete?
- Do I need to register a PAYE scheme? If so, how do I do it?
- How do I make a PAYE/CIS or Class 1a payment? When are they due?
You can download a copy from the Carval website here.